La Madrona Tennis Courts Open for Household Tennis Play
La Madrona Athletic Club's tennis courts and ball machine service are currently available to members in the same household to play!
Our hours beginning June 1st are:
9-1pm & 4-8pm
We have prepared our facility by following guidelines set by the county health department, USTA, USPTA, state, and federal government agencies. We will be diligent in our D&S (disinfecting and sanitizing) practices as well as social distancing. You will be asked to please join us and do your part by following all posted guidelines. These guidelines might change in the future so please adjust accordingly.
Due to the county restriction requiring only household play at this time, our staff will be required to enforce play only for those that are on the same membership. No guests will be allowed during this time. We are hopeful this restriction will be lifted in the near future.
We ask you to please remain patient with our staff and other members. Health and safety is our top priority, as we want to continue to be able to keep the courts open.
The guidelines for our soft opening are as follows:
- If you are showing signs or symptoms of being sick, please continue to self isolate
- Online reservations are available and can be made online or through the app. Telephone reservations can start to be made on Wednesday beginning at 9am.
- Ball Machine Guidelines:
- Ball machine reservations will be 45 minutes
- Members are required to thoroughly sanitize the ball machine touchpoints and ball mower after use with the provided disinfectant
- Ball machine reservations are only available two times in a week per membership during our soft opening
- All members MUST CHECK IN. Check in will take place outside on the clubhouse deck.
- Masks are required to be worn by members while checking in and moving to and from the courts and restrooms.
- Please remove all personal belongings, tennis balls, and trash with you after play. Do not leave on court.
- If a ball is hit onto another court, return that ball by rolling the ball back over to the other court. Do not touch the ball with your hand.
- Tennis lessons are not permitted at this time
- Bring your own towels and water. There will be no water fountains available at this time.
- We will have sanitizing wipes and hand sanitizer available
- We kindly ask that you not socially congregate and maintain a 6 ft distance between others in common areas
Anyone who does not comply with the Santa Cruz County household only tennis play mandate at La Madrona Athletic Club will be at risk of losing their membership once the Club reopens. This includes anyone who tries to use the Club outside of our temporary hours.
Membership dues will be charged at a rate of 50% during this time of household play for those actively playing during this time.
Thanks for your continued support of the club.