League Team Guidelines
USTA teams are intended to provide a supportive environment for recreational players in which team camaraderie, competitive challenge, sportsmanship, game and fitness improvement are fostered.
- At the beginning of each season, the Tennis director will register a team at each level possible at the club. Interested Captains*, should reach out to the Tennis Director to gain access to captainship.
- *We would prefer to see a rotation of captains through the seasons but any volunteer is very much appreciated.
- Once all captains are determined and that the USTA has posted all matches schedules, the Tennis Director will hold a Captain’s meeting. The home matches dates and time will be decided then.
- Our Teams should match the general competition levels of our members. Members outside of these parameters will be offered other options to enjoy their tennis at La Madrona and beyond.
- The Club highly recommends having at least twice the number of players required for a match on the roster. This would assure a “healthy team” and a lesser risk of defaulting a match.
- Each team must be open to all Club members at level. And if more players are needed:
- To the rating 0.5pt below.
- If more players are needed to complete the team, up to 2 non-members may be recruited. All non-members must obtain the Tennis Director’s approval before registering on the team.
- Non-members will be charge a $50 guest fee that is payable prior to registering on the team. Guest will be allowed to attend one team practice a week and home matches.
- Team practices are encouraged once a week. Individual team players, not the teams, may book up to two courts for practices. The court cancellation policy of 1hr will apply for no shows.
- N.B. Team practices must be announced to all players and may not exclude any team member, regardless of their rating or other factors.
- Once a team is established and that players are all rostered, captains must see that each team member plays a minimum of two matches assuming the players offer reasonable availability.
- Line-ups, frequency of play for each player, team’s competitiveness, practices, coaching, etc… should be established by a team decision.
- Team Coaching and Practices may be offered and organized but should not weigh in on frequency of play nor required to participate.
*Should any of these guidelines not be followed, The Club reserves the right to apply sanctions against a team or a player. *