September Newsletter 2020
- Please do not forget to wear your face coverings at the Club (ages 3 & over).That includes checking in, walking through the Club (on pool deck, tennis court areas, parking lots), and in the locker rooms/restrooms.
- Face coverings are not required when lounging by the pool, exercising/playing tennis
- All equipment used must be thoroughly cleaned after use with provided gym wipes (includes pool deck furniture).
- Guests are still not allowed access to the Club through the month of September
- Social distancing is required throughout all aspects of the Club
- Designated maximum capacities per area of the Club need to be followed at all times
- Lost & found items will only be kept for 24 hours
- Lap swimming reservations will continue being 30 minutes long. Please do not hesitate to swim longer if no one has a reservation after you. Families are encouraged to share a lane together (up to 2 per lane).
- All children under 14 years old must be directly supervised at all times
New Outdoor Group Fitness Class: Dance Pilates, Tuesdays 6pm
Come join our new instructor Karen Maassen for Dance Pilates! Dance Pilates is a dynamic fitness class for all levels set to music. This class focuses on increasing muscle tone with dance- based movements, flexibility and cardiovascular conditioning. Pilates mat work is incorporated into this workout to improve balance, core strength and posture. Class will be held on Court 1.
Autumn Nature Study Program
La Madrona is offering a Fall Nature Study Program for students K-5th grade. Your children will enjoy the opportunity to explore and connect with nature while doing hands on activities in a safe environment, following COVID-19 guidelines. We will start our time together with Yoga, Mindful Movement and a guided meditation. Each day we will learn a different topic through outdoor activities, crafts and games. There is a maximum of 6 children per group and a total of 12 in the program to ensure physical distancing and mask wearing, while still encouraging safe social interactions and play with purpose with peers.
We are offering two four week sessions that will cover different topics.
Days: T/TH Times: 1:15-4:15
Session 1: 9/14/20-10/09/20 | $360.00 members/$432.00 non members
Session 2: 10/12/20-11/6/20 | $360.00 members/$432.00 non members
*Need a minimum of 6 students for the program to run.
Order of Activities:
Alpacas K, 1st, 2nd
Mindful Movement, Nature Study Crafts, Nature Study Activities
Llamas 3rd, 4th, 5th
Mindful Movement, Nature Study Activities, Nature Study Crafts
Come Exercise Outside
We have created many outdoor areas for you to safely continue your exercise routines outside in our beautiful setting. Spin bikes available on clubhouse deck. All cardio equipment, free weights, kettlebells, bands, balls, mats, etc are accessible outside the gym and group fitness room.
Support for Evenhouse Family
This amazing longtime member family needs our support.
Veronique Evenhouse recently was diagnosed with ALS. Her family is in process of preparing and gaining funding to retrofit their home and transportation to meet her upcoming mobility changes.
Please read more about this amazing woman and their family on the godundme page created for them.
Click here to access the gofundme page
Have you tried our La Madrona Small Group Personal Training?
FIT 10 with Rebecca Setziol: Tuesday & Thursday 6am, Saturday 8am
Fast & Furious 4 with Nicole Hurford: Tuesday & Thursday 12:30pm. Space is limited. Register
at front desk.
One-on-One Personal Training
Our personal training staff would like to offer a free personal training session to any of our members who have never utilized this service. This is a great way to get back in shape after a long hiatus, and to do so comfortably with the one-on-one guidance of our exceptional personal training staff! Contact Nicole Hurford for more information, [email protected]
Fall Junior Tennis
Still Time to join us!
Our after school program caters to all ages and level of play. We use red, orange and green transition balls to help kids of all ages enjoy tennis from the start. Tennis is a game of a lifetime and now is the time to start. Join one of our programs for our fall session. Session two of the junior program is beginning next week.
Sign up here
If you have any questions, please contact our tennis director at [email protected]